Featured open source software by Mark Fullmer.
- Grammark. Grammark helps improve writing style & grammar and teaches students to self-edit. It finds things grammarians consider bad, highlights them, and suggests improvements. Writers can measure progress with a score based on problems per document length, updated when the writer fixes a problem. source code
- Gendered Text Project. The Gendered Text Project allows readers to change the gender of characters in short stories. Users can read selected texts already modified for this format or submit their own texts. source code
- CROW, the corpus & repository of writing. Crow brings together researchers at Purdue, Arizona, Michigan State, and other universities to create a web-based archive for research and professional development in applied linguistics and rhetoric & composition. source code
- Filipino Corpora Project The National Network of Normal Schools (3NS) Corpora Project is a database of texts in various languages, collected to preserve literature and language, analyze the structure of the studied languages, and classify texts according to comprehension level for use in mother tongue-based multilingual education (MTBMLE). source code
Natural Language Processing Tools
- Waray language part of speech identifier: this algorithm uses morphology (prefixes, suffixes) and syntax (location in clause) to guess a word’s part of speech.
- Corpus Text Processor (Windows/MacOS application): convert various document formats to plaintext, standardize characters, remove PDF metadata.
- Lemmatizer (PHP): map words to word families.
- Lorem Gutenberg: generate English-language placeholder text for testing natural language processing.
- Tag Converter: convert corpus-specific metadata protocol to XML, PHP, or JSON.
- Stemmer (PHP): implementation of the Porter stemming algorithm
- Highlighter (PHP): API for highlighting words and phrases
- Layout Builder Restrictions
- Responsive Tables Filter
- Porter Stemmer
- Feed Block
- Twitter Profile Widget
- Bootstrap Horizontal Tabs
- Basecamp API
- REST Feedback Endpoint
- Composer Dependency Tree
- Drupal Issue Status Dashboard: Generate a table of issues from drupal.org you’ve got your eye on.
- Records of records: Interface and API for displaying a filterable list of data using a Google Sheet as the datasource backend. source code
- Composer dependency tree generator: Input a
composer.lockfile and see a collapsible tree of nested dependencies. Also available as a Drupal module.
- Amazon Alexa “Doggo Me!” Skill: a glorified random text generator, written in Python.
- Space Rogue, Part II: experiment in C++, with apologies to Paul Neurath. source code